“Luck is not a magical ability or a gift from the gods,” Richard Wiseman, Ph.D, writes in The Luck Factor, his 2003 book about the essential principles of changing your fortune.
“Instead, it is a way of thinking and behaving.”He insists that we have far more control over the element—and outcome—of chance in our lives than we realize. In fact, he argues that only 10 percent of life is truly random. The remaining 90 percent is “actually defined by the way you think.” “Lucky people create, notice, and act upon the chance opportunities in their lives,” Wiseman notes. If luck means being in the right place at the right time, he adds, “being in the right place at the right time is actually all about being in the right state of mind.”
law of attraction: responsibility
ATTRACTING A SOUL MATE
Ever wondered why some people are so lucky as to connect with the perfect person in their lives, while others seem destined to spend their days in the loveless hinterland?
While the Law of Attraction explains this unique occurrence in this way-you bring into your life what you think and feel about -other social scientists are coming up with their own language for the same phenomenon.
Colleen Siefert and Richard Wiseman, both Ph.Ds in psychology, refer to this occurrence as a luck factor and believe that about 90% of what happens to us is actually brought about by the way we think. They refer to it as…
Colleen Siefert,Ph.D, professor of psychology at the University of Michigan has been studying this phenomenon and has termed it, Predictive Encoding. She believes when you are thinking about what you want, and you imagine the situations in which this can occur as though they are really happening, you will be more likely to succeed in that which you desire.
In fact she says this technique will increase by more than 50 % the chances of this event occurring. You have encoded into your memory the reality you want to occur…thus she says, creating your own luck.
“Chance favors the prepared mind,” Seifert says, quoting Louis Pasteur. If you lay the groundwork, then when something happens by chance, your memory goes right to work and “you notice it for free.”
IMAGINE YOUR SOUL ABUNDANT:Attracting Success, Fulfillment and True Happiness
I call it the BE-HAVE-DO method
1.BE clear about your Intention - most of the time we think about what we do NOT want. Without realizing it, we can also be Predictive Encoding, what we do not want. Then, when what we Don’t Want actually happens, it reinforces that bad things always seem to happen to me. We need to to be aware of this thought process and learn to replace negative thoughts with positives.
“I am meeting the person of my dreams “…vs…” I am getting older and I do not think I will ever meet my soul mate.”
I now begin to see in my imagination or minds eye the relationship I desire. I imagine it , feel it , experience it, as though it is already happening.
An aspect of this encoding process not touched on in the Siefert article, (although alluded to in Wisemans comment, …about being in the right state of mind) is one I have learned through my teaching. It is the power of our emotions. Your emotions strengthen that encoding process, either positively or negatively. So my second step in the process is…
2. BE in the right consciousness - not only do you need to put yourself into an environment as Wiseman and Siefert suggest where you will allow these encounters to take place, but you must also be in vibrational alignment…the right state of mind. If you are feeling doubtful or fearful, you will not notice the opportunities that are presenting themselves, or you will see them in a different light than the person who is joyful and positive.
And lastly, you must be open to action…
3. DO inspired action - when you feel the nudge - move - as Siefert does in her story about meeting her soul mate at the dry cleaners.BEING - BELIEVING - ACHIEVING
Article by JUDY BERG, Organizational Behaviour Consultant